SERVPRO Offers Reliable Fire Damage Restoration in West Monroe
How can SERVPRO help West Monroe businesses with fire damage restoration?
A fire incident can be a nightmare to recover from, as any business owner knows. However, with the help of professionals like SERVPRO, navigating through a fire damage incident at your West Monroe property can surely become easier.
SERVPRO techs provide emergency services to protect the loss site and human health during the restoration of fire damage to your West Monroe place of business. The immediate objectives of SERVPRO restorers are-
- To prevent fire and smoke to cause additional damage to the property
- To provide a safer work site for people entering and exiting the structure
- To prepare the site for the mitigation and restoration
The restorative work involves removing the smoke and soot residue from various surfaces, cleaning, and deodorizing. Not all surfaces are alike, and hence, cleaning methods also vary greatly depending on the surface involved.
How do SERVPRO techs clean wood surfaces during fire restoration in West Monroe?
Wood is one of the most common materials easily damaged during a fire incident used in commercial buildings in West Monroe. SERVPRO techs' method to clean wood surfaces depends on how the wood is finished. The three basic types of wooden surfaces are-
- Unfinished wood- Techs use dry cleaning methods such as vacuuming, brushing, and sponge cleaning.
- Finished wood- Wet cleaning is preferred in such situations with a low-alkaline cleaner.
- Photo-finish, simulated wood grain- Restorers also prefer wet cleaning methods for such surfaces.
Post cleaning procedures
Once the wood surface is cleaned of the residues, it often needs to be polished. Woods tend to lose oils due to heat during a fire. Polishing can replenish these oils making the wood look better. We can help to keep your doors open during the fire damage process.
Call SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe at (318) 345-5121 for further information.