Can My Documents Be Saved After a Flood in Monroe?
SERVPRO Has Document Restoration Experts on Hand to Restore Important Documentation from Water Damage in Monroe
It can be devastating if you have experienced a storm that has caused water loss in your home and ruined paperwork, books, pictures, or other documentation. If you live in Monroe and are dealing with this issue, you may think everything is lost. A SERVPRO emergency mitigation team will rescue and restore everything they can.
Do I Need to Throw Everything Away?
To save as much as possible from flood damage in Monroe, immediate mitigation is crucial. Many people believe that documents and papers cannot be restored, but that is a false assumption. Here are some of the types of content SERVPRO can restore:
- Photographs – including negatives, film, and microfiche
- Paper documents – including files and manuscripts
- Books & magazines
- Maps and blueprints
Restoring Your Important Documents and Memories
When flood damage occurs, it can mean more than just waterlogged papers. The documents can become contaminated with viruses, bacteria, chemicals, or other harmful contaminants. Our professional Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) technicians take the steps needed to ensure proper handling and restoration of essential documents and memento. This process includes the following:
- Assessing what type of cleaning needs accomplishing for the items exposed to flood damage.
- Gamma Irradiation for sterilizing.
- Vacuum freeze-drying – this is done immediately and stops further damage. It is approved by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the General Services Administration (GSA).
- Air drying and dehumidification.
- Digitizing documents using a computerized inventory system can be the best option depending on volume and damage.
- Rejacketing, deodorizing, and other processes as needed.
Papers, books, pictures are never fully restored to preloss condition, but we make it our goal to “Like it never even happened.” Contact SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe at (318) 345-5121 for quality document restoration and storm damage repair. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.