What Precautions Should Homeowners Take Before Returning Home After Flood Damage In Monroe?
SERVPRO Has the Necessary Resources to Enter Your Monroe Property Safely, Addressing Any Challenges You Might Face
The intensity of a storm in Monroe can make you feel helpless. Even after the storm clears, you still need to take precautions before venturing into the property since there are considerable risks involved. Involving a professional team like SERVPRO can help simplify the reoccupation of your house after flooding.
What typical dangers should I expect after flood damage at my Monroe house?
- Risk of fire when operating appliances
- Health risks from contamination
- Structural hazards
When the floodwater inundates your Monroe property, it affects most of the contents, including your appliances. Having such appliances checked by an electrician before turning them on is crucial since they might short-circuit, leading to fires. Although our SERVPRO technicians cannot fix your equipment, we can help take steps that protect them from extreme damage, including:
- Moving them to minimize exposure to water
- Keeping items in a heated area to prevent cooling to the dew point
- Covering them with plastic sheets or other protective materials
How can I avoid health risks and other hazards?
Health risks arise because of the contaminants dissolved in the floodwaters. Damaged structural materials can also present risks of physical injuries. Wearing protective gear before entering the property is the ideal way to overcome hazards. Our SERVPRO technicians are equipped with a wide range of safety gear to address all possible risks, including:
- Non-contact voltage detectors, GFCI, and circuit analyzers for electrical issues
- Hard hats and rubber boots to protect against sharp or falling objects
- Rubber gloves and bodysuits for protection against contaminants
Taking the right precautions guarantees safety when entering the flood-damaged property. Call SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe at (318) 345-5121 to send a fully kitted team to your property. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.