If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (318) 345-5121

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Tips to Prevent Your Dryer from Causing Fire Damages to Your Calhoun Home

7/30/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Tips to Prevent Your Dryer from Causing Fire Damages to Your Calhoun Home Dryers can be very helpful when running a household but they can also be the point of origin for a fire. Contact SERVPRO for remediation.

Team SERVPRO Remediates Fire Damage as Well as Offers Helpful Suggestions to Prevent a Recurrence

Dryers can be a welcomed appliance to your Calhoun residence. These machines help you to quickly and efficiently dry out the clothes that you have washed and take a lot of the work out of the process. However, they are not without their share of hazards. Without using them properly and safely, your dryer can be a potential fire hazard for your home.

Many homeowners do not think about the possibility of an appliance being a fire hazard at all, let alone one as seemingly basic as a dryer. Improper usage or a failure to follow safety precautions standard to every dryer can lead to such an unfortunate occurrence. To avoid fire damages in your Calhoun house originating from your drying appliance, you just need to educate yourself on this appliance a little further. Our SERVPRO professionals can help you to overcome these damages, but they can often get avoided altogether.

The first thing that you should consider is the soiling of the clothes that you are placing into the dryer in the first place. A common misconception about washing machines is their ability to remove contaminants and chemicals from fabrics entirely, and this can lead to traumatic occurrences. A good example of this would be flammable liquids like gasoline or diesel fuel spilled on a pair of pants. With the likelihood of static electricity and sparks from denim tumbling through the dryer, the soiled material can ignite.

Another condition that ultimately requires SERVPRO fire damage restoration is overloaded electrical wiring. Most appliances of this size require a 220-volt connection, often with a special outlet to suit your dryer specifically. Improper wiring or inadequate power to the appliance can overload its motor, causing combustions. Ensure that your appliance has adequate power and is grounded through the breaker box in your residence.

While the dryer in your home might seem like a simple piece of machinery, there are some things that you need to know to use it safely. If you can follow these guidelines, you can often avoid a fire originating from this appliance. If you have already experienced fire damages in your home, contact our SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe restoration technicians today at (318) 345-5121.

Click here for more information on Calhoun.

Other News

View Recent Posts